Tag Archives: Section 1031 like-kind exchange

Defer Capital Gains with Sec. 1031 Exchanges

Defer Capital Gains with Sec. 1031 Exchanges

If you’re a savvy investor, you probably know that you must generally report any mutual fund distributions as income, whether you reinvest them or exchange shares in one fund for shares in another. In other words, you must report and pay any capital gains tax owed.

Continue reading